Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Thanks, Maryb

This was quoted by Maryb on CHM's blog, but I think it's so wonderful I had to repeat it here. It's from Erma Bombeck:

"I haven't trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour. I've never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex."

That made me google Ms Bombeck and I found these other gems.

"Just think of all those women on the Titanic who said, "No, thank you," to dessert that night. And for what!"

"One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is."

I love all of those quotes but the last one really hits home. Children get older that's the trouble. if they didn't, I would know instantly how old they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Liz. I looked her up too and have started a round robin email - not to you as you already have them!

Chris said...

Two more I really like:

If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead.

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.


I love clever quotes and have great fun trying to find suitable pearls of wisdom for my blog. My greatest failure to date is not finding one about HTML tags which I just don't get!