Wednesday, February 01, 2006

And then my day got even better

So I got ready to go to circuit training. I drove to the bottom of West Cross, pulled into the right-hand lane to turn up the hill and Betty stopped. And wouldn't start again. Not a murmur would she make. I sat there and quietly screamed.

Fortunately, eventually, two people came and pushed me to the side of the road. Stupidly I hadn't brought my rescue card with me. Or my purse. I screamed some more.

Then I walked all the way up the hill in the dark, the freezing cold ... and my shorts. Got to Linden, phoned John Sampson who organised a rescue party for me. Thank the Lord for John.

Neil Thomas and his jump leads came and put life back into an old girl. He got Betty working again too. Neil thanked me for breaking down. No, thank you, Neil. No, thank you, Liz.

I was, in a way, quite relieved that I didn't have my rescue card with me. I was laughed at by the boss of the rescue firm yesterday for having a Beetle. To have to call them out twice in two days would have been unbearable.

I want to eat!!! Something chocolatey to cheer me up. It's a good job I don't have anything chocolatey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have. But we'll put on weight. I am so sorry this finished your day Liz. Better one tomorrow...