Saturday, January 07, 2006

Personally I blame Blue Peter

It instilled in me a 'don't throw it out; it might come in useful for something' mentality. It's not as if I ever made the things they demonstrated on the show. That reminds me, Tim O is the only person I know who has a Blue Peter badge. The only one who's owned up to it anyway.

I now have these two lovely boxes that I don't know what to do with. I'll keep something in them I expect. That's the sort of thing they will be handy for. Keeping things in. I just can't think of anything that would fit in them.

Tescos, Boots and Linden Church are recycling Christmas cards. Probably lots of other places too but they spring to mind. Which is useful because cards don't quite fit in with the cardboard pile or the paper pile. I should keep them to cut up for tags next year but I'm too socially-terrorised by my in-laws to not compete with their wonderfully decorated parcels. I can't keep up: if I use matching paper and cards, they add bows; if I add bows, they use ribbons by the yard. And so on. I am the poor relation. I shouldn't care but I do.

Went to see HP and the Goblet of Fire last night. It was better than the others I think. At least I didn't fall asleep during it.

1 comment:

Jon said...

I quite liked HP IV and I hated the first three films. Voldemort's rebirth was pretty special, just as I imagined it.