Sunday, November 13, 2005

The right response

Gentlemen, I'd like to give you some advice.

Imagine your female partner spends a lot of money on a special outfit for an important occasion when she wants to look her best and feel confident, and she comes home and tries it on for you to see. What you must not do, what you absolutely must never do, is laugh. Not unless you want to regret it for a long time.

Apart from that, I have had a wonderful birthday weekend. Lovely presents from gorgeous children and a generally jolly time. I do love birthdays.

On a sadder note, Wales were abysmal against Fiji on Friday night. Even allowing for the fact that not only were the Lions missing through injury but also, for some strange ruling reason, players who play abroad were left out too, they were rubbish. Much more disheartening than the All Blacks game the previous week. Look now I've depressed myself. Will have to eat some birthday chocolate to cheer myself up. There's very little that chocolate can't redeem.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I was gutted too. At least my first Millenium stadium experience ended in victory though. It was looking pretty shaky for a while.

On a lighter note, the Irish looked worse than we did when they faced New Zealand on Saturday. Lets hope England get a kicking next week too.

Liz Hinds said...

I didn't see the Irish game but was pleased to hear the result! nothing against the Irish - I would normally support them - but it made me feel better about Wales.
The question is: can Wales lift themselves for South Africa?