Thursday, December 29, 2022

Another one bites the dust

Having spent almost all of yesterday on this I only had to finish the sky today. (I needed daylight.)

So that's two 1,000 piece jigsaws in three days. Back to real life now and dashing between house and washing line dithering over jumpers, and wondering if I can create some sort of turkey soup from the left-overs.

* * * * *

Truly, Madly, Deeply, the diaries of Alan Rickman, was a disappointment. You'd need to be a lovey or someone cognisant of the theatre scene, places and people, to get all the references and most of it is references. Also it's written in a - hm, not short-hand exactly but staccato style. And giving away very little about the man. I didn't finish it. 

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Too bad about Alan Rickman's disappointing diaries.

Boud said...

I'm not very surprised about Rickman. I rarely find theater people interesting off the stage. Often much name dropping. I was not much interested in Diana Athill, after a couple of chapters, same reasoning, only the world of publishing, but her written style is very good. Just the content not so much!

nick said...

More and more celebs think they can make a quick buck by publishing a book, but the result is usually pretty dire. I steer away from them towards serious professional writers.

Janie Junebug said...

That's quite an intricate puzzle. I thought I might like Rickman's book. Now I have my doubts and will not spend money on it.

Love,
Janie

Chuck Pergiel said...

Puzzle time of year https://pergelator.blogspot.com/2022/12/puzzle.html

Polly said...

wow, well done with the jigsaw. I have a lovely Christmas one which I intended to do but keep forgetting!! Happy New Year.

LL Cool Joe said...

Nothing like doing a good 1,000 piece jigsaw. I like that one and I did a very similar one but with a picture of New York. Looks like it may have been by the same artist.