Saturday, July 02, 2022

Down to the sea again

It's the Wales Air Show this weekend. First one since before Covid.

The Australia versus England rugby game was on this morning but I skipped out before the end to go went down to the sea front to watch the Red Arrows at 12.50.

"Just a minute," I thought. "The Red Arrows have changed."

I asked a man who checked his phone app and said the RA would be on at - then I got confused because he said several different times. I decided it wasn't worth going home and coming back again so I sat and watched the skies.

I have to say - with apologies to all flying fans - when you've seen one aeroplane fly past you've seen them all. So I made these while I was waiting for the main attraction.

The beach, which had been only moderately busy when I arrived was filing up rapidly; obviously everyone else got the change of time memo. Anyway an hour after I expected the Red Arrows arrived.


They are really quite amazing although I think their display was less impressive than previous years. Husband suggested the low clouds might have caused them to cut it short.

I usually come away having seen them wanting to be a Red Arrow pilot but today I decided flying upside down, even for a short while, might disagree with me. So I won't be applying.

For information, England lost their game. Wales play current World Champions, South Africa, in South Africa later this afternoon and are very much the under-dogs.


P.S. Eight days ago I posted an important letter. I've not had a reply yet. Just recording these details for my information.



5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Those aircraft make it all look so easy!

Maybe Wales can pull out a win today! I’ll look for the result!

Boud said...

It's a very exciting nanosecond!

pam nash said...

Watching that type of flying gives me all sorts "what-if" scares. I like your beach art.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Cheers!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never been much of an air show fan, for the reason you state. I like your beach art!