Wednesday, June 29, 2022

The shepherd never mentioned the midges

Last night in Zac's I was leading bible study on the good shepherd. At the end I read psalm 23 and I suggested people close their eyes while I set the scene.

"Imagine a lush green meadow, sprinkled with bright red poppies, yellow buttercups, white daisies. The sky is blue, the sun is shining and there's a gentle breeze. There's a stream running through the meadow,  slowly meandering its way to the sea. You lie down in the grass ..."

"Are there midges?"

"No," said with a snarl. Deep breath. "Now listen to the skylarks singing their perfect melody as they soar up into the blue sky."

I glance up and see Monty shaking with silent laughter. Afterwards he says, "I was just glad it was you not me leading."


4 comments:

Boud said...

About these midges. Why no midges? Aren't you glad I'm not in the group?

Liz Hinds said...

I would love to have you in the group, Boud! Not midge season.

Kathy G said...

Reality is always a kicker.

Cop Car said...

You surely kept your wits about you. Well done!