Monday, May 16, 2022

Never ask the internet

I got up twice last night - before I stopped reading and settled down - and Husband got up four times during the night. Just to let George go out to pee. 

Husband said, "Much rather that than get up once for a seizure."

George has now had his blood tests so we wait and see. He is quite sleepy today - as are we all. (Even though I was only aware of Husband getting up twice.)


I'm currently reading The Twyford Code. Not the best sort of book to read when being disturbed or tired. I have to keep going back and re-reading chapters. Very entertaining and bemusing. It's the book I described vaguely to the librarian who worked out what I wanted, if you remember.

I was right: it does have a fish on the cover. But it doesn't look anything like I thought.



On Netflix we're watching Missing. We finished season 1 and now we're on season 2. It's very good but does leap back and forth in time a lot, and to more than two time zones. Currently we're having to work on various clues to guess which time we're in: long hair/short hair, scarred/unscarred, pregnant/not.

The fact that both Husband and I struggle to remember who is whom doesn't help either. 

Is the pregnant one the one he was having an affair with? 
No, because that's now not then. 
Is that the woman he chased to the supermarket?
No, that's a different man.
I thought it was the woman who stroked his head?
No, that's his mother.
So the man who was in Endeavour is a bit dodgy?
She definitely is.

Between us we get there. I think. 

* * * * * *

Think my nose is getting fat: my glasses hurt. Also have diagnosed my bad hip: tronchated bursitis. #neverasktheinternet

I could be wrong. Running up and down a slope five times probably doesn't make me the sort of runner who gets bursitis. But I never let facts get in the way of my self-diagnosis.

Also am leading bible study again this week, sickness or work backlog because of sickness leaving me the only likely suspect. 

7 comments:

Boud said...

I never heard of nose weight gain before. Maybe it's a side effect of the hip bursitis. Hoping for the best for George.

Liz Hinds said...

I hadn't thought of that, Boud. You could be right.

Polly said...

The book sounds intriguing, but I think I would get very confused with "Missing". I hope George is all right.

pam nash said...

Hmmm - perhaps your glasses need to be adjusted. I'm thinking noses don't get fat. Sending positive thoughts to George!

LL Cool Joe said...

I get confused with almost any film that goes from past to present quickly. I remember watching "We Need to Talk About Kevin" and was irritating my younger daughter by asking her so many questions. My comprehension isn't that great most of the time, so add flashbacks and I'm totally confused.

Anonymous said...

Actually the skin changes with age and gravity makes it droop. Nose is not really growing more. Nevertheless you might want to open up the pinch points a bit.

PipeTobacco said...

Hoping for the best news for George’s test! Noses do get SLIGHTLY larger for all of us as we age, and male’s are particularly prone to significant enlarging of the nose if they have the disorder of Rosacea, but women with the condition are less likely to get the ruddy, fleshy enlargement. I suspect if you are suddenly feeling this, it is most likely a temporary, systemic inflammatory response related to the inflammation of the bursitis.

It seems like there are many good things on Netflix. I have often considered getting it, but I am not sure if I would watch enough to justify the additional bill. I keep debating the idea with my wife and we never formally decide.

PipeTobacco