Saturday, January 22, 2022

Looking for readers

You may or may not know that as well as my novels I have written non-fiction, including the ghost-written life story of a New York cop. For the last umpteen years, on and off, I've been working on another memoir, this time of an Irish Christian pastor. 

Growing up in the worst area of 60s Dublin Christy was set to follow the rest of his family in drugs and dodgy dealings but a chance meeting changed his life. 

He went on to bible college and since then, as well as leading churches all over the place, he has been heavily involved in delivering humanitarian aid all over the world, including Haiti, Macedonia and Nepal. Currently an Emergency First Responder he was early on the scene of the Manchester and London bombings, and at Grenfell Tower. 

This despite having a massive brain haemorrhage in his 30s, from which he was not expected to survive. 

If that sounds gloomy his story isn't. It's full of funny tales about growing up and people he's met along the way - including President Clinton and a crazy Bulgarian government official.

Sooooo, what I'm after is people who would be willing to read the first draft and give me their opinions. If you can pick up typos, and spelling or grammar mistakes, all the better.

I am making the draft available to download so please let me know if you are interested.

7 comments:

Kathy G said...

Sounds potentially fascinating. How many pages?

Liz Hinds said...

180 paperback size pages, Kathy.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm willing to help with this, Liz, provided you're not on any kind of a strict deadline for completion. I would, however, try to finish it as soon as reasonably possible.

PipeTobacco said...

Ohhh! This could be very exciting! I would like to volunteer if desired….. but would need to know about deadlines I would need to meet before committing.

I hope you might consider me for this role.

PipeTobacco

Kathy G said...

As the others have said, I would be interested depending on deadlines.

CherryPie said...

This sounds like an interesting read :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you all for your positive response. I don't really have a deadline, as soon as you can do it is fine by me.
My email is liz dot hinds at btinternet dot com
If you send me your email addresses I can get the manuscript out to you. Thank you in advance.