Friday, January 11, 2019

Vampires, solitaire and chocolate fingers

Nearly choked on a chocolate finger. It would have been a very appropriate way to go.

Sitting down earlier I was overcome with a weepiness, a feeling of wanting to cry fro absolutely no reason. I didn't: I very rarely actually cry. I decided I could either continue to sit there and mope or I could pull myself together and do something.

I chose the latter.

I'm one of the fortunate ones: my depression very rarely causes complete inertia. A physical task, like changing the bed in this case, usually distracts enough to take my mind off my misery. Followed by a walk with George and I'm ready to sit down again but be more productive this time. 

Rather than playing solitaire and hating myself for wasting time but seemingly unable to stop, I am, well, multi-tasking at the moment.

Conversing on FaceBook with one friend, writing this post and thinking about re-vamping another blog all at vaguely the same time. Really of course I'm only doing one thing at any one moment so can it be said to be multi-tasking? Probably not. But I'm re-energised so I'm fine.

* * * * * * * *
I read an interesting article this week about emotional vampires and while I am regularly haunted by one, another came at me out of the blue this morning. I was, for me, quite unsympathetic, offered my advice and made my apologies, saying I had to go.

I know this vampire would have gone on and on, not really listening, arguing with any of my suggestions, just waiting until I said what she wanted to hear. (Although in this case I'm not entirely sure what it was.)




3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ugh, emotional vampires are THE WORST. Except maybe for real blood-sucking vampires.

Liz Hinds said...

At least garlic keeps those away. Or is that zombies?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

No, you're right -- garlic keeps vampires at bay. With zombies, you have to shoot them in the head. Always in the head.