Tuesday, September 18, 2018

You say tomato, I say orange?

Some of the latest crop of tomatoes. 
You'll notice there are red ones, yellow ones and orange ones. Wait a minute! Orange ones? Where did they come from? We have gone all season without seeing an orange one.

Husband says, 'Perhaps they're under-ripe red ones. But they were all on the same plant.'

I did a taste test. They don't taste like the red ones or the yellow ones, which are absolutely the best. (GrandSon4 agrees with me on that.)

So we've concluded they're late-fruiting orange ones. 'It would help if you were more organised and stuck labels on them when you plant them,' I suggest.
Husband says, 'There probably are labels but I can't be bothered to look for them.'

I suppose they could be genetically mutating themselves ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

By posting a photo of 50 lovely fruit you think you are outdoing my photo of six? Well, of course you are! Your tomatoes look luscious. Can you see my pea-green face?
Cop Car

Liz Hinds said...

By the time it reaches me your face looks a normal pinky shade, CC.

ole Phat Stu said...

So you can write a poem about it Liz. After all , there is a Welsh Mountain which rhymes with Orange , one of the Very few words which Do

nick said...

I've never seen yellow tomatoes but now you say they're the tastiest I should try and find some....

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

The health shop has beautiful Heritage tomatoes for wealthy people. They're gorgeous… some of them are dark green striped or almost black and they all taste wonderful.
Tomatoes, cheese and sour-dough bread … an easy lunch!

Liz Hinds said...

A Welsh mountain that rhymes with orange? I'll have to think about that, Stu.

They are delicious and so sweet, Nick.

the best sort of lunch, Sonata.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Blorenge is a hill in the SE corner of the Brecon Beacons, not far from Swansea, where you live.