Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Having old woman arms

Driving to Mumbles this morning I was in awe - as I frequently am - at the beauty of the bay. I am so thankful for the beauty of this place.

* * * * * * * *
Lovely curry last night with Janet and Mike at Mumtaz. A classy place with very nice food, a bit different from your average curry house. They even had a Health Conscious section. I had my starter - chicken tikka salad - from there but not my main course. It was all very nice.

I had decided to wear my pale pink jumper and I was just getting it out of the wardrobe when I stopped. 'Pale pink? Curry? Hmm, maybe not.' Instead I wore a tunic that wouldn't be ruined should I drop a smidgin of curry on it. (I didn't.)
The hair has gone today. With my cousin's funeral on Friday I made a spur of the moment appointment at the hairdresser's this afternoon. It doesn't look too bad in this picture but that's because you can't see all the grey roots.

* * * * * * * *
When I put on weight it goes straight to my hips; when I lose weight it comes off my arms leaving me with 'old woman' limbs. They weren't fat to begin with. And you can bet that if I tried to put on a bit to fill out my arms it would go straight to my hips again. Oh, life can be cruel. Cue the sad dramatic music.


3 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

We're never totally happy with ourselves! Every time I get in the lift, I look at my hair and sigh. Then there's only a second to look at my legs and pull a face before I'm at my floor.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Liz , I haven't been a over here for a few weeks and yet again you amaze me with another comical story :-) How do you think of all these tales.. very humourous.

I thought you meant the bit of arm at the top , I have never looked at my arms (bottom half ) as old. But I do have weight on my hips and at this rate I am going to have a BOOTY backside .. hahahaha . Good for dancing said my grandaughter ♥ :-)

Rose said...

You're looking good, Liz! Life isn't fair, though--when I was young I didn't want to wear anything sleeveless because I thought my arms were too skinny. Now I don't wear anything sleeveless because my arms are too fat. Sigh.