Tuesday, April 11, 2017

This is not displacement activity

Today I washed my dusters.
(Okay, they might look like t-shirts and towels to you but they're what passes as dusters in this house.)

Don't go thinking this is a displacement activity because I'm missing GrandSon4 since he moved out. I'd just run of things to wash. 

P.S. Displacement activity: If an animal is stimulated to express a basic drive (need to cuddle baby) but the action is frustrated (absence of baby), the drive may find an outlet by inducing fragments of the pattern of behaviour properly belonging to another drive (housework). This is known as displacement activity. (From American Anthropologist, 2009)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

LOL! Do you have the curtains and windows washed already? Ha Ha. Keeping busy does help.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

We've got matching dusters .

Liz Hinds said...

I still see him most days, SJ!

What our grandmothers taught us, sonata. Recycling before it was fashionable!