Saturday, April 01, 2017

A little of what you fancy

Trying to clear out Uncle's apartment and finding some ... interesting items. Our busy day ended with dinner at The Mermaid. In the past I've not been overly impressed but my oven-baked hake tonight was delicious, perfectly cooked and with a yummy chilli coconutty sauce.

The only problem was that when I gave my order to the waitress she asked what sort of potatoes I wanted with it. Now in the menu it said it was served with mash. I always love chips when I'm out but I'd accustomed myself to the idea of mash and there she was offering me chips! (I didn't weaken but remained with my mash, which was nice. And the virtuous feeling that accompanied it meant I could have ice cream for pud.)

By the way, I've just finished The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro. Quite far-fetched and convoluted but entertaining and beautifully scented escapism.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Your dinner sounds good, you did go for ice cream, didn't you?
I don't think every book we read has to improve or expand our mind. Sometimes nonsense can be very refreshing!

Liz Hinds said...

Oh yes, I had ice cream with just a little toffee sauce!
I read last thing at night so I mostly prefer lighter novels.