Saturday, March 25, 2017

And today's post

Husband enjoying his first al fresco lunch of the year.
You can't see but we have a sycamore seedling growing out of the table. Impressive eh?

We're buying a new table this year. But it won't be here in time for our first barbecue this afternoon.

And we went to the library this morning. When we came out the tide was in and the sun was glistening on the water. I said, 'What a beautiful day. It's the sort of day ...' then I stopped myself and giggled. 'I was going to tell you the only joke I can remember,' I explained to Husband.
'Lenin?' he asked.
I nodded still giggling.

Sorry, you mean you haven't heard it? You're in for a treat ...

It's a beautiful day today, the sort of day that makes you want to go and knock on the door of the Kremlin and ask, 'Is Lenin?'

(Courtesy of Ken Dodd.) (I apologise.)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Goodness, you have a unique table with a tree growing from it, why would you want to replace such a great conversation piece? ;-)
Good joke! Wish we had your day ...

nick said...

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Stalin.
Stalin who?
Staling hungry, I could eat a horse.