Thursday, November 29, 2012

I did it! (Dances round room singing loudly)

And then the doorbell rang twice (Husband said thrice) during the night of its own accord.

But enough of that, Zac's bible study went really well. Apart from one hiccup when a guest talked about his spirit guide we stayed on track, lots of people contributed, they stayed more or less on topic and there was lots of openness and honesty. So a good evening.

And now, my really big news: I did it! I completed NaNoWriMo! Written over 50,000 words in 30 days (29 actually). 

Considering I started from nothing except the vaguest idea and had to come up with characters, setting and plots in that time I am well impressed with myself. It was a good discipline to try to follow. I didn't write every day but most and I've written 4,000 words today to finish me off. Admittedly I had to push a character off a cliff but someone has to make a sacrifice for the greater good. 

I know there are time warps in it and it will need severe editing, amending and adding to, but I am thrilled I've achieved this much. Especially as it's one of the busiest months of the year, particularly this year with my long-lasting 60th birthday celebration and GrandDaughter's birthday weekend.

Now I may be able to do a bit more regular blogging. I'm laughing to myself as I write that: it's Husband's birthday on Saturday, Sunday I'm leading the service in prison - and I need to practise beforehand - and then Tuesday I'm back in prison to work with the men for Christmas - and before then I have to make sense of and write up some of the things they've said about Christmas - then we're in Devon and then ... so on and so on. One day life may slow down - and won't I just hate that?!

6 comments:

Katney said...

I am waiting to read about the cliff pushing. Sounds right up my alley.

I was told--I am too young to have remembered--that back in the days when soap operas were on radio, one of them got their plot so convoluted that they put all the characters on a bus and ran the bus off a cliff and started afresh on Monday.

Not saying that is why you did your cliff pushing, but one character off a cliff can't be all that bad, and maybe he (she?) deserved it.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Re doorbell thrice: at least it wasn't a cock crowing...

CherryPie said...

Congratulations on completing your challenge :-)

Furtheron said...

Well done - some challenge!

Liz Hinds said...

It wasn't really a cliff, katney. She lives to tell the tale.

True, stu.

Thanks, cherrypie and Furtheron.

Katney said...

I thought I ought to come back and see what you might have had to say about the cliff pushing. I am glad she lives to tell the tale. Hope she is not too bruised up.