Monday, July 09, 2012

Object of desire

According to a report in Husband's motoring magazine not getting enough sleep can make you fat. It's something to do with slowing down your metabolic rate. In another report researchers say that fasting for 1 or 2 days a week will help prevent or slow down brain degeneration. Apparently fasting causes your brain to panic and increases the number of neurons produced. Or something like that.

So ... if I stay in bed for 24 hours sleeping as much and eating as little as I can I'm in a win win situation.

Admittedly these facts did come from husband's motoring magazine. Which also features a monthly Object of Desire, this month's being the MGB. To this day Husband swears I only married him because he had an MGB. As if I'd be so shallow ... it was his body I was after.
And to prove I was young and slim once - look at those ribs! (And ignore the anti-sunburn tissues).

3 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Ah young love!

Sally Wessely said...

Love it. I am sure that there were many things that drew you to your hubby. The photo of you tanning brings back many memories. What were we thinking when we would spend hours in the sun like that? I know, we were thinking we would build a great tan to on our bodies that we never dreamed would age.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I can vaguely remember being young enough to lie on a towel-covered slate beach for a while , and not need a hoist and tackle to get back up .