Thursday, March 01, 2012

Blurbing

One of the useful bits of info that Ann passed on to me this morning was that Kidwelly is holding its inaugural literary festival in July, and it's a literary festival with a difference: it's focussing on ebooks.


The Kidwell-e Festival website invites authors to do readings or question and answer sessions so I've emailed them to volunteer my services. I shall let you know what they say.


The main thing on my mind today is my blurb. I think it's harder writing a blurb than it was the book. In only a few paragraphs I have to capture the essence of the book and make potential readers want to read it. I've emailed my effort to Daughter, who is, after all, a professional copywriter. I should be making use of her expertise! (If she has time in between baby feeding.)


Once that is done I shall be just about ready to upload and prepare for lift-off.

1 comment:

James Higham said...

The main thing on my mind today is my blurb.

What, not the rugby?