Friday, March 09, 2012

My life in song and pictures

As a child Saturday mornings meant one thing to me: Children's Favourites with Uncle Mac on the radio. So it was a toss-up today between The Ugly Duckling, Sparky's Magic Piano and, the one I finally chose, The Laughing Policeman.


My great-uncle and grandfather both worked at Mumbles pier and I spent a lot of time there. My favourite thing in the arcade was a laughing drunken sailor. Thinking about it, it might not have been a sailor. I've just googled it and the closest thing I can come up with is this Drunkard's Dream machine, which I think it quite possibly was.


Which is a very strange thing to like ...


And now I don't think he laughed either. So it bears no relevance to my musical choice. But quite interesting (to me) anyway.

I'm beginning to think a psychiatrist may have a field day with my choices.

2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I do remember a Laughing Policeman on Hastings seafront , I'm sure . And the Roll A Penny and cockles , steeped in malt vinegar .
I think I should have some fish and chips , at least , while I'm watching this clip !

Liz Hinds said...

Oooh, sonata, fish and chips in newspaper. We used to get sixpennorth when I was a girl.