Wednesday, September 21, 2011

To explain why I was watching Jeremy Kyle

Husband was admitted to hospital on Monday morning with an intestinal blockage. The GP got very excited and said, 'Can I go and fetch some students to listen to your stomach?'

Since then he's been in hospital on a paracetamol drip and oxygen with tubes everywhere. He hasn't eaten since Friday (and has been very sick since) and has only been able to sip drops of water. As you can imagine he is very uncomfortable, weak and tired. Today they think things might be clearing up of their own accord so an operation won't be necessary and they're trying him with a little food.

Meanwhile the consultant surgeon tells the nurses to 'watch out for that man's wife: she's a nutcase.' I mean, have you ever known me to do anything that could classify me as such? I mean, it wasn't entirely my fault that I sat in the wrong waiting-room watching Jeremy Kyle when I could have been elsewhere with Husband. Mostly my fault. Or possibly totally but hospitals are confusing places.

By the way, the consultant surgeon is also one of of our church leaders ...


7 comments:

Furtheron said...

hope he is better soon... I'll not comment but doesn't the fact he is a church leader mean that he already knows you?... :-)

Mauigirl said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear about husband's illness. I've had a blockage (due to adhesions from an appendix operation) and it was NOT fun. I had to have an operation, so I'm glad it sounds as if he won't need one.

jams o donnell said...

Oh good grief. I hope is better soon Liz

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, he does, furtheron!

Same cause here, mauigirl. He was much better this afternoon so we're hoping.

He seems to be on the mend now, jams, thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'd want to be operated upon by someone who believes the afterlife would be better ;-)

Rose said...

I do hope Husband is better soon!

flytouch 3 said...

Thanks for the post, pretty worthwhile info.