Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A proposal

I plucked up my courage to make a comment during the study and afterwards, as he was leaving, Martin said, 'I liked your comment.'
That coming from Martin, for whom I have a lot of respect, is praise indeed.

It takes me ages to summon up the courage to open my mouth. I have to plan and prepare carefully in my head what I'm going to say . And even then it often comes out wrong.

And what I say is always brief. (I can't remember long sentences!) Which makes me fairly intolerant of people who rabbit on, especially when it goes off the point. I stop listening. Which is why I'm not a good leader. By the time someone's finished talking I'm somewhere else, like what I did wrong with the brownies. (Cakes not small girls in uniforms.)

Incidentally Blossom suggested I should make my brownies deeper, cut off the crispy bit at the top and cover with melted galaxy. As an alternative I suggested heating a brownie and adding a large dollop of clotted cream. Blossom said, 'Marry me?'

That's the first marriage proposal I've had for ages!

1 comment:

James Higham said...

By the time someone's finished talking I'm somewhere else, like what I did wrong with the brownies. (Cakes not small girls in uniforms.)

So glad you clarified that. :)