Friday, July 03, 2009

Ye-oowwwww!

Electrolysis hurts!!

'Is the current all right for you?' the evil practitioner of the ancient art of hair removal asked.
'Yiip!' I squeaked feebly.
'It's at its highest level and it's working well.'

Apart from the pain and redness and soreness and the fact I've got to keep going regularly until she can get control over it, it was fine, honest. She was very nice and explained things to me.

I told her about my previous experience with laser and she was surprised it hadn't done a better job. I said I hadn't kept going partly because I didn't like the woman and partly because it was so expensive. She said, 'I'd have thought just 3 sessions, for £600, would have done it.'
How much?!!! And I thought £80 a session was too much!

She was surprised at my werewolf appearance though the hair growth isn't where it would normally be in menopausal women. She asked what creams I used as it had been discovered that lanolin encouraged hair growth. (A few years ago Oil of Ulay was rebranded and changed because it had contained lanolin.) Coincidentally I am using an Oil of Olay anti-ageing cream primarily on my neck where the unusual hair growth is happening. I shall stop using it just in case.

4 comments:

James Higham said...

The things girls do.

nick said...

We guys are lucky we aren't expected to get rid of all our body hair. We don't have to test our pain threshold on a regular basis. Though I'm told that male depilation is becoming increasingly common in the States, even in the most intimate and tricky areas!

Anonymous said...

oh thanks, thats really cheered me up! ;0)

@ nick - men do not have a pain threshold ;0)

Leslie: said...

I stand in front of the bedroom window with the sun shining through as I hold a magnifying mirror up to my face. Rotate left...rotate right...look up...look down....

Tweeze...Zap...all gone...thank goodness!

But I shall NEVER stop looking.

And, I've asked my daughters to do it if I become incapacitated (just like my Mom asked me.)