Friday, May 01, 2009

George update

The vet told me off for letting George off his lead. 'He's supposed to be walked on a lead for 10 days.'
'Ten days?!'

No-one told me that.

His wound is okay and the vet decided against another dressing to allow the air to get at it but we have to stop him jumping around and bursting it again. We have about about as much chance of that as we have of stopping him eating everything in sight.

He's fine in himself though. Except he still doesn't remember that he has to wait for doors to be fully opened before he attempts to get through them. And our legs are suffering where he's walked into them with his cone-head. It does make a useful umbrella though as he sits in the open front doorway watching the world.

6 comments:

Angel said...

I am glad to hear George is doing ok. When my dog go neutered he had a conehead as well. Poor thing kept on walking into things.

Anonymous said...

the cones are difficult - none of my dogs or cats have managed to keep them on.

CherryPie said...

I am glad he is getting better :-)

Leslie: said...

Sounds like he's not suffering too much. :D

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

Dear George, I hope you are feeling better soon. I promise I am not laughing because you look like a conehead--I am laughing at the damage you are doing to those who are responsible for this terrible travesty to dogkind.

Hang in there, Bro,
Your Friend Bocephus the Wonder Dog

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.