Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A cunning plan

It's P-Day today.

My play excerpt is being performed at the Play-offs tonight and as of 5 pm yesterday we didn't have a leading lady. So I have come up with a cunning plan.

The audience and the judges both vote for the winning plays. I can't do anything about the audience but I know one of the judges: he likes to talk to my cleavage. But the judges don't know who's written what so I will wear a low-cut top and talk to him beforehand just happening to mention the title of my play and then say, 'Oh, dear, are you a judge? Well , you must forget then that I said that my play's called Reading between the line-outs.' Good plan, eh?

* * * * * * * * *

I have made my butternut squash soup and the chilli and cheese bread is in the breadmaker so dinner's sorted. All I have to do now is think of a good last line that will make the audience want to know what happens in the second half ...

What a shame you can't portray dot dot dot so easily on stage.

1 comment:

Katney said...

Hmm. I need to make soup again here soon as we haven't had any for a while. I like my butternut squash soup recipe. I got it from Allrecipes.com