Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just Tuesday

Looking through our Christmas cards I notice that we have once again received a card from the mysterious Tom and Betty. They don't give up, I've got to say that for them. On the other hand, there are a number of cards missing. Cards that we'd normally receive haven't turned up. Mostly, I have to note, from elderly 'aunties' (i.e. aunties who aren't actually aunties). I do hope they haven't all died. It would be a very bad year for elderly 'aunties' if that were the case.

And now it's nearly New Year's Eve. Husband and I have pondered long on how to mark the coming of a new year with all the promise it holds. We've decided - or rather I've decided - that as most celebrations entail some sort of effort - Husband: we could go out for a meal. Me: Oooh, I'd have to get dressed up. - a quick trip to M&S (it's not just food; it's M&S food) followed by a quiet night in is what is required.

We know how to live.

P.S. And now I've set myself a punctuation poser. The full stops in the brief conversation above are surely out of place but how else could I do it? Write the sentence in a completely different form I guess.

P.P.S. I don't want to put a jinx on it but Husband has started to decorate the hall. I mean re-started. If you recall, he started two years ago ...

3 comments:

Hullaballoo said...

I went floating round a designer dress agency this afternoon, after coffee and precious mummy time. I think I have come up with the ideal new winter coat.

Going out for a meal on Hogmanay, what a brill idea. Enjoy.

Suburbia said...

That did make me giggle Liz!!

Good luck with the hall ;)

So who are Tom and Betty??????

Oh, nearly forgot .............HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes