Thursday, August 21, 2008

I don't believe it!

My hoover has stopped working again. When I was in the middle of hoovering the lounge.

Last time I think someone suggested it might be over-heating. I'll let it have a little rest and then try again.

We're going to my in-laws' diamond wedding anniversary lunch on Sunday in Derby. I have two sisters-in-law who always look better than me however good I think I'm looking, so I've just been to the hairdresser and tonight I'll bleach my moustache and tan my legs.

The hairdresser did that, 'Have you any other plans for today?' bit. I said I'd noticed there was a sale in Debenhams so I thought I'd pop in. I was thinking about my holiday but he said, 'Looking for something to wear to the party?'
'Well, I wasn't but now you come to mention it ...'

I've bought a dress. I blame the hairdresser. I don't usually do dresses because I'm a funny shape but this looked okay. And I thought, 'I can wear my strappy black sandals with it.' It wasn't until I got home that I remembered that George ate my sandals during our New Year party.

7 comments:

Dragonstar said...

So now you have to go out and buy some strappy black sandals! I'd like to share your hairdresser!

Lindsay said...

I went to hairdresser today too - have had a good shear in readiness for our holiday.

Suburbia said...

Oh good boy George! Now you can go and choose a new pair to go with your dress!!
Hope you have a lovely time in it (your dress I mean) :)

jmb said...

Well any excuse is good to go buy a new dress and sandals. Not too expensive however since they will no doubt get the chewing treatment too.

Katney said...

LOL--did you know that "hoover" is not a verb in the US?

I always get a laugh at everyone across the pond "hoovering." Then I think, it doesn't much matter if it is a verb or not, I do pretty much anything I can think of to avoid doing it.

Leslie: said...

I'm like Katney trying to avoid "hoovering." But I simply MUST do it today! ERG...

Leslie: said...

Oh yes, I forgot...don't bleach, WAX! it's much more efficient and you don't have to worry about someone coming to the door catching you with a foamy mustache! lol