Wednesday, October 31, 2007

So those welshcakes I was going to make.

I didn't have enough fruit.

Not to panic, I adapted the recipe to become teisen lap (cake on a plate) - sort of. Only I didn't quite do it properly. It looked all right but I thought I should taste it to check and I wasn't very impressed. (Although impressed enough to have eaten a quarter of it by this morning.)



Paying a late-night visit to the shop after Zac's, I picked up all the ingredients to make fruit cake, chocolate raisin slice, lemon cake and chocolate sponge - just in case.

Chocolate cake seems to be the most popular choice at the community cafe so I hoped to make one of those. I say hoped because the last one I made was a disaster. Admittedly that was about 20 years ago but I remember these things.

Getting up early this morning I made the chocolate sponge and while it wasn't amazing, it was adequate.

And just to be on the safe side, while that was cooking I made some chocolate raisin slice, which only requires melting, bashing and mixing and I can do all of those.


xx

8 comments:

jmb said...

Nothing wrong with the cake that a big scoop of ice cream wouldn't fix. No cake on my diet at the moment.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Both cakes look wonderful to me! We could have a "bashers' club", Liz! - I'll bash the olives and you can bash the cake ingredients. [I add the explanation just in case anyone gets the wrong idea!]

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

I'll eat'em, with or without ice cream.

Winston said...

The welshcake looks heavy and dense and moist -- and consequently, wonderful... Send me some...

chux said...

yer dont bother with that fruit fruit melarky - choccy all the way!!!

Chocolate cake is my favourite - yum

Amanda said...

they look good enough to eat!!

Liz said...

How can I stick to a diet when my cooking keeps going wrong, jmb?!

We'd be good bashers, welshcakes!

Ice cream with the choc cake but not with teisen lap, I think, nick.

If I could I would, winston!

Chux, it's strange that although I love chocolate, I'm not a fan of choc cake.

And I am, Amanda, I am ... (eating them that is, not good enough to eat!)

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes