Monday, October 15, 2007

None of his Business

We have a new baby in church. Now, as it's never too early to start a child's library, I bought him The Story of the Little Mole who knew it was None of his Business.

Daughter introduced me to this book a few years ago and since then I've bought it for every new baby - or at least those whose parents I knew wouldn't object.

It's about a little mole who wakes up one morning to find a pile of poo on his head. He sets off to find out who was responsible. He asks the seagull if it were him; the seagull says, 'No, this is how I do it,' and proceeds to demonstrate. And so on. All the animals Little Mole encounters show him exactly how they do it.

It's great fun - children love anything to do with poo or bottoms - as well as being educational!
xx

5 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

I've changed the photo and re-uploaded it but it's still not coming out properly, sorry.

It's a drawing of a little mole with a pile of poo on its head.

MaryB said...

Hilarious! Will definitely add it to my list! (Hope it's available in the US.)

Gledwood said...

When I was little I got The Body Book by Claire Rayner... oh what fun I had reading it on the green in front of an unsuspecting lady doing her washing up... I can still remember her shocked face to this day!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That sounds like my kind of book, too!

fake consultant said...

we always tried to buy cameras for the kids around the age of 5 or 6 and it was great fun for them as well.

now that digital cameras are inexpensive it's even better...there's no cost for developing anymore.