Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Indulge me!

As this is my blog, please indulge me and allow me some personal special moments to cherish from the wedding.

A fact.
My brother-in-law said, 'You've had a smile on your face ALL day!' And why not? I was happy!

An ego-boost.
A 24-year-old friend of the bride said, 'I hope I look like you when I'm a mum.'

An emotion.
In his speech Elder Son said, 'When I was younger I was a DJ and all I wanted was to be rich and famous; a few years ago I realised that if I am half as successful as you guys (us, his parents) then I'll be happy.' And he wasn't talking about fame or wealth or possessions or any of the things the media is concerned with - we don't have any of those.

You hope you're giving your children the best and happiest start in life but they don't always think to acknowledge that or to say thanks - any more than we did - so this was very special.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Lovely moments, Liz, especially what Elder Son said - and I'm sure he meant it wholeheartedly. Well done, you!