Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sorry, I'm dead

A Swansea woman has been caught trying to avoid a speeding fine by writing to the authorities and telling them she was dead.

We breed 'em smart in Swansea.


* * * * * * * * * *


I fear my hair is beginning to look like Peggy Mitchell's. Admittedly hers is blonde and perfectly coiffed while mine ... isn't, but it does seem to have its heart set on adopting a bouffant look.


I might have the bosom for it, but I'm not ready to take over from Barbara yet.

5 comments:

Clare said...

Ooh, whilst I remember: perservere with Flickr, your photos are lovely!! If you have a yahoo account its really easy, but I don't know how complicated it is if you don't!
www.flickr.com

Lee said...

When I looked in the mirror this morning upon rising, I had similar thoughts!

Elsie said...

Who is Peggy Mitchell? And who is Barbara? I'm easily confused.

Liz Hinds said...

Ah,Elsie, Peggy Mitchell is the landlady and matriarch in Eastenders, a London-based soap. She is played by Barbara Windsor who gained fame in the Carry On films where her generous attributes were the butt of many jokes and leers from Sid James.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Smart indeed, we Welsh! I know what you mean - my hair either does bouffant or it does flat; it does neither well when left to its own devices and refuses to do anything in between! Good old Babs!