Saturday, January 13, 2007

Receiving not giving

I went to Zac's Place this week for the first time since before Christmas. With it being a new year we're looking at rebirth for a couple of weeks.

Sean asked how peoples' lives had changed since becoming a Christian. Several people had very dramatic turnrounds to tell about. Their lives had been extreme before so I suppose it was likely that the change would be extreme. Me, I can't really say that my life changed much. Indeed I am very aware when I do something totally unChristian how bad an example I am showing Husband.

I know God loves me; I know I am forgiven. But there is a big gap between knowing in my head and knowing in my heart. It's that gap that keeps me quiet, makes me wonder. And I don't know how to bridge it.

Someone said that everyone's experience is different; someone else said that it's a journey we're taking. I have turned round and I'm on the right path, but I have a very long way to go.

I started going to Zac's because I thought I could give support. I find I am more screwed-up than most of the regulars, and I'm the one who is receiving not giving. I am grateful.

4 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A lovely post, Liz. I'm sure you are giving, just by being there and caring. Without doubt, there would be no faith, would there?

Anonymous said...

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/621

Take a look.

This may answer one or two questions.

Shirley said...

Oh I could do with a Zac's place right now...

Liz Hinds said...

You're right, WL, faith wouldn't be faith, it would be fact, without doubt.

Thanks, Jack. I have downloaded the first 2 lectures to see how i get on with those.

Shirley, thinking of you! X