Saturday, January 13, 2007

Receiving not giving

I went to Zac's Place this week for the first time since before Christmas. With it being a new year we're looking at rebirth for a couple of weeks.

Sean asked how peoples' lives had changed since becoming a Christian. Several people had very dramatic turnrounds to tell about. Their lives had been extreme before so I suppose it was likely that the change would be extreme. Me, I can't really say that my life changed much. Indeed I am very aware when I do something totally unChristian how bad an example I am showing Husband.

I know God loves me; I know I am forgiven. But there is a big gap between knowing in my head and knowing in my heart. It's that gap that keeps me quiet, makes me wonder. And I don't know how to bridge it.

Someone said that everyone's experience is different; someone else said that it's a journey we're taking. I have turned round and I'm on the right path, but I have a very long way to go.

I started going to Zac's because I thought I could give support. I find I am more screwed-up than most of the regulars, and I'm the one who is receiving not giving. I am grateful.

5 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A lovely post, Liz. I'm sure you are giving, just by being there and caring. Without doubt, there would be no faith, would there?

Jack in Paris said...

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/621

Take a look.

This may answer one or two questions.

Shirley said...

Oh I could do with a Zac's place right now...

Liz said...

You're right, WL, faith wouldn't be faith, it would be fact, without doubt.

Thanks, Jack. I have downloaded the first 2 lectures to see how i get on with those.

Shirley, thinking of you! X

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes