Thursday, April 27, 2006

My new career

I will have to either grow my hair or cut it. I can't keep stopping, taking my gloves off and putting my hair behind my ears. It's bad enough having to stop, take off my gloves and blow my nose but there's not a lot I can do about that. I bend over; my nose runs. I could put a peg on it, I suppose.

I probably shouldn't take my gloves off to pick things up (as it's easier without gloves) either as I suspect that defeats the object. Although with holes in my gloves where my fingers go, they're not very effective at keeping my hands clean. But they are a bit of a barrier between me and the creepies. Until one gets in. You will hear the scream if that happens.

But there is definitely a market for a garden clearer. Chris's post on yesterday's entry proves that. (See how well I have done my market research?)

I haven't mentioned my plan to husband yet; I haven't even told him that I'm at work in 'his' garden now. But he'll notice when he goes out there and sees the piles of:

dry stuff for burning;
rubbish for the tip;
green/wet stuff for ... doing something with.

He'll be grateful I'm sure.

Unlike the worms. I think I may have broken a few wormy hearts with my clearance but, when they've got over the pain and they think sensibly about it, they'll realise a long-term relationship with a root was never going to be very satisfactory.

(Course I'm speaking from a human perspective. I'm not a worm. Maybe a bit of root is all a worm wants of a cold winter's evening. Maybe it's what we all want.)

Enough philosophy. One more word of advice: don't dust when the sun is shining. The dust motes simply play with you, dancing in the sunshine before landing back exactly where you just dusted them from. It proves what we all know: dusting is a waste of time.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Do you have bonfires without annoying anyone, Liz? I do enjoy a good blaze and have them late in the day,always checking carefully to make sure there's no washing hanging on lines,etc. but every time a woman whose garden backs on to ours comes down and shouts at me and threatens to call the police. Last time I offered to dial the number for her. However it is a bit disconcerting and puts me off a bit.

And.....what do you mean by 'don't dust whn the sun is shining'? The sun hasn't shone here for weeks! Perhaps I'll move to Wales!

Chris said...

By the way, I forgot to tell you that the Verification Department gave me a word for 'a running nose whilst gardening and wearing gloves' - snifghn