Friday, July 01, 2022

It's official

I have mild hearing loss.

I had to sit in a cubicle and press the button when I heard a beep. I thought I was doing quite well so it was a shock when he said it. I have to go back for a full test to check things out properly - and I have to take someone with me as a control. 

Interesting though because he looked in my ears with a camera and I could see inside my own ears on the screen!

He also said I have a slightly irregular mole behind my ear and it's worth getting it checked out. I almost said, "You should see the rest of my body; I'm covered in moles." But I stopped myself you'll be pleased to hear. I could probably get arrested for offering to show the audiologist my moles.

He gave me a leaflet I've just looked at. Have you seen the price of hearing aids?!!!!

I noticed each price listed was for two and I wondered why - until I remembered I have two ears. 

It would be nice to hear clearly but I'd rather go on holiday.



4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I am avoiding the hearing check for now. My husband is urging it though!

Anonymous said...

Where we live there is no NHSfunding for hearing aids if you get the test at Specsavers! Going via the GP is lengthy and unpredictable. I'm staying deaf!

Boud said...

I've had mild hearing loss since I was a kid after measles. But it's not an easily correctible kind, more about distortion than volume. I'm leaving it alone. The cost is enormous and the outcome uncertain of getting aids.

Kathy G said...

More and more of my peers are getting hearing aids. So far I've managed to avoid the issue.