Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Chasing Cats Day

In normal times dogs aren't allowed on the beach from 1st April so we took George for a farewell walk there today.
Now I admit I am probably over cautious when it comes to social distancing: Husband and I have regular arguments over how far 2 metres is in real life. I'm planning on taking the tape measure tomorrow to check out the path we most frequently walk.

I am the sort who throws herself into the bushes at the approach of others but I have noticed that they don't tend to reciprocate. Walkers usually do keep themselves to the opposite edge but joggers and cyclists, on the whole, just continue on their merry way down the middle of the path. And as they are the ones most likely to be breathing heavily and steaming that seems a bit mean.

But that doesn't explain what this packet was doing on a wall in the middle of the woods.
On the way home George surprised us by chasing a cat. He charged at it, woofing away. He was very surprised when the cat not only didn't run but bounced back when he knocked it over.


7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It happens to us all, George.

Cop Car said...

I'm surprised that George got off that easily with the cat - without a claw to the nose.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Didn't he notice it didn't smell of anything?

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed it does, Debra.

Well, the shock of being boinged did upset George a bit, CopCar.

That's what I asked him, Sonata. He just gave me a dirty look.

Ole Phat Stu said...

You wrote "Husband and I have regular arguments over how far 2 metres is in real life"

2 metres? Most couples argue about what constitutes 5 inches ;-)

Marie Smith said...

Our grand-dog, Georgie, barks at silhouettes of dogs by a local home every time we pass there. Silly dogs!

Liz Hinds said...

Not us, Stu!

Perhaps it's the name, Marie!