Thursday, February 20, 2020

Why I borrowed a high-vis jacket

Being the granny monster on Tuesday I banged my knee into the back of the sofa. It hurt at the time but I forgot about it until later in the evening when I crouched - when I tried to crouch down and my knee really hurt.

It kept me awake through the night and I wondered whether to go to exercise class. I decided I would but wore a knee bandage just below my shorts so everyone could see I was wounded. Going for the sympathy vote.

Jim gave me alternative exercises where necessary and told me not to run. (Which was a great excuse. I hate running.)

The inability to rest on my knee did mean that I had to keep on trying the full press-ups. Still couldn't get very close to the ground but good enough for Jim to shout at the other men, 'I don't want to put pressure on you but there's a woman here doing a full press-up.' I wasn't popular after that.

Anyway much better today.

I am just adding the final touches and practising what I'm going to say at the funeral of our friend, Mike, tomorrow. Janet, his wife, has asked that people wear something that reminds them of Mike. I am wearing a high-vis jacket. I'll explain why afterwards.

One more thing: is it possible for your nose to get fat?
My glasses don't seem to fit as well as they did three days ago.

5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It is easier to hurt appendages now as a senior and it takes longer to recover. Knowing what helps is a big plus. The sympathy vote in exercise class is a good one! Lol.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Pinnochio? ( or however it's spelt).
Meanwhile, I hope your knee feels better soon.

Terra said...

Being granny monster can be dangerous. Exercise gently as you recover.

Liz Hinds said...

Knee is much improved I'm pleased to say, and, in future, Granny Monster will try and be more careful.

Sonata, that would be it except it's widening not lengthening.

pam nash said...

Running should be done only if a huge monster is chasing you with a sharp knife! Hope your knee is better.