Monday, February 24, 2020

A bit of this and a bit of that

We have a routine in the morning, George and I. I sit down to eat my breakfast, check Facebook, and play a game or too. At some point during that George will whine to be let out.

This morning I was at a crucial point in the game so I shouted, 'Hang on a minute, George.'
He whined again.
I called, 'Wait a minute, George! I've just go to do this.'

When I (eventually, George says) got up to let him out he lay silently ignoring me. 
'What? You're going to sulk now?'
He turned his head and gave me The Look.
I opened the door anyway and, very slowly, George got to his feet and ambled out.

We both know he's not desperate to go out when he whines; he just doesn't like to be kept waiting.

Well, guess what, George? Sometimes you just have to!

* * * * * *

This year's Six Nations rugby tournament has not been going well from a Welsh perspective. Won one, lost two. Usually I enter the season with great expectation but, strangely, this year I didn't have that. We have a new management team so it will probably take a while for everyone to gel.

Shaun Edwards, who is possibly the scariest man on the planet, used to be our defence coach, but with the new coaching team coming in he left and went to France. And my word he has had an instant effect on their style of play. France is usually quite good but erratic. Shaun Edwards doesn't stand for any erraticism. 

Even if he wasn't going to be part of the Welsh team I think the WRU should have paid him to stay on anyway - just to stop anyone else getting him!

* * * * * *
Elaine, my Monday fitness teacher, said I am looking trimmer. I don't care if it's a lie. I'll take it especially as I am not looking forward to Slimming World weigh-in tonight. I have had a whole series of bad weeks and I currently don't seem to have the enthusiasm necessary to diet change my lifestyle.

I keep telling myself health and fitness are more important than a flat tummy.

6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I’ve convinced myself the fitness is more important. We’ll see what the bloodwork shows.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I've given up on the fitness... no, now I'm just working on That Stare.

Terra said...

To think you kept George waiting! I hope all is forgiven, I am sure it is. I am reading a cute book "I Could Chew On This" with poems from the dogs' points of view.

pam nash said...

Yep! Health and fitness are the ones. Flat tummy and little waist be damned!

Anonymous said...

You don't seem to care that your dog is dependant on you for all his needs. How would you feel if you were disabled and dependant on someone to take you to the toilet? If they said "Wait while I play this mindless game!"

To listen to a dog whine yet continue to play on a game and not be too embarrassed to share that fact with the world says it all about you.

You've just lost a reader.

PipeTobacco said...

You seem rather harsh. As an ethologist, I can say that your comment speaks more about you than this situation. The situation described was fine.

PipeTobacco