Thursday, December 12, 2019

A green Christmas

I managed to persuade Husband to start on the wrapping with me this afternoon. This is so organised of me: we are usually wrapping presents the day before Christmas eve.

I am using up old paper for the children's presents but trying to be mindful how i wrap the adults' gifts. Actually maybe that should be the other way around: children need to learn about recycling and they don't care about the wrapping. That said my grandchildren are all pretty aware of recycling and the horror of plastic waste.

But for my particularly eco-conscious son and his wife I'm wrapping their children's presents carefully as well. Take some plastic-free tape and Amazon packaging, add my 'unique' artwork and I have gifts that could have been professionally-wrapped in a shop. A junk shop maybe ...


4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

They are perfect! You did a great job!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Greta Thunberg would approve!

Polly said...

Very nice. I often use brown paper and string or ribbon. They look rustic :-)

PipeTobacco said...

I like all the drawings.... but the Santa is especially cute!!!!!!

PipeTobacco