Sunday, November 17, 2019

Pig in a pond

Driving home through town this afternoon at about quarter past four I was puzzled by the crowds.
What are all these people doing in town at this time? Oh, some people on a platform. Is it a demonstration? Should I be protesting? Wait, some of those people look like elves. No, it can't be the Christmas parade. That's not until 17th. It's not the 17th, is it?

For literally weeks there have been signs all over the place saying, 'Christmas parade, 17/11, roads closed 4-6, think ahead.'

Perfectly clear. Unless you are convinced the parade is on a Thursday.

I was lucky that they must have been running a bit late and hadn't yet closed the road. I had a sudden image of me being stuck watching a parade for the next four hours. As it was I was able to drive along the road lined with crowds. I was very tempted to do my Queenly wave. But resisted.

* * * * * * 
Yesterday we went out to the Butcher's arms in Alltwen for lunch with Younger Son, Nuora and her parents. (And the babies of course.)
Husband had Pig in a Pond (belly pork in a fishy sauce) and I had Parmesan-crusted cod loin.

All very yummy and I am proud to say that I resisted dessert. (But not a creamy garlicky mushroom starter.)

* * * * * *
And as promised, though I don't think you'll be able to see the sparkle properly, here are my new trainers.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that was a close escape from the Santa Claus parade! And I like your new sneakers.

Marie Smith said...

The elves were the give-away. Lol. That’s something I would do too. Drive around oblivious until I was smack dab in the middle of a parade. You had the best viewpoint!

Liz Hinds said...

Apparently I missed a really good parade!