Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Whoo whoo croak croak

Feeling sorry for myself. Last week I had a cold sore and ulcers; this week I have an ulcer and a cough - rapidly turning into runny nose as well. I diagnose run-downness and prescribe rest. I shall try anyway.

My condition wasn't helped by the trains last Sunday.

The Swansea Society of Model Engineers has its base just behind us and on bank holidays they open to the public for the rides. When my children were little it was very cheap and it's not much more now but since some bright spark mentioned it on social media as a hidden gem the queues are horrendous.

But the last two years we've been invited to the Residents' Open Day. No queues and everything is free! And that was last Sunday. I had at least six and possibly seven train rides and that's a lot of tunnel whoo-whoo-ing. Little wonder I got croakier. But it was worth it.

P.S. Younger Son and Nuora are more relaxed about having the children's photos on the internet.

9 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Too much fresh air, perhaps. Get better soon!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That last photo is great! Take lots of Vitamin C and feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hoping you feel better by morning, Liz. It sounds like you had a great time!
Cop Car

Ole Phat Stu said...

What gauge is that railway?

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks all. I am feeling a bit better. I said that this morning and then had a coughing/sneezing frenzy, but definitely on the up. (But still need to rest!)

5" maybe, Stu.

Ole Phat Stu said...

We have a 5 inch gauge railway nearby, about 50 miles east. I blogged about it here
http://www.savory.de/blog_may_14.htm#20140530, a visit 5 years ago.

Stu

Liz Hinds said...

Ah yes. That's quite a bit bigger than the one near us but ours has much of the same. Nowadays we see a few more young lads helping too but not that many. Great fun.

nick said...

Social media can be either a benefit or a disaster. I hope the new queues for the Model Engineers aren't too disruptive. One of our neighbours has cut his hedge in the shape of the Titanic. I hope it's never mentioned on social media or our peaceful little enclave will turn into some madcap tourist attraction.

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about Pokémon; but, I do know that we get much street traffic with people playing the game. My neighbor said that there was something about the game at our house. Who knows?

Attention isn't always welcomed.
Cop Car