Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Italy holiday post 5

Now how did I manage to add a fraction to yesterday's title?

Anyway trip fail this morning. We planned to go to a nearby nature reserve complete with spectacular views and a haunted cave. And we would have got there if it hadn't been for the last four kilometres of - to call it road is inaccurate, even track would be generous. We persevered for one kilometre and decided the risk of damage to the hire car was too high.

Reluctantly gave up and came back via an ice cream shop. I am going to say something now that you will never have heard me say before: I met an ice cream I didn't like.

There are lots of ice creams I don't like but I know which they are and avoid them. Today's choice was caramel and what I thought was honey. I don't know what it actually was but I didn't like it. I even left some!!!! (Number of exclamation marks indicates just how unusual this is.)

But the sun is shining and we have a pool to lie next to so the day can only get better. And after siesta we can visit the castle.


2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've caught up on your Italy posts and it sounds like you're having a lovely, relaxing time so long as you don't do navigation! Soak up that sun!

Liz Hinds said...

Missed you! Yes, having a super time.