Saturday, December 08, 2018

Our milkman is called Tom

Vile morning weather-wise but I wanted to go to the monthly craft market so got my mac on and went. Soon got fed up of the rain and didn't buy half the things on my list. I had hoped to do some serious Christmas shopping as I'd realised the festive season was approaching rather too rapidly.

I did however manage to buy myself a new red coat, a Christmas jigsaw and some yummy crab pate from the farmers' market, so not an entirely wasted outing.

Also stocked up on Lemsip and Strepsils as just about everyone is suffering in one way or another.

And I ordered the Christmas turkey. Those of you who know me well will appreciate the enormity of this achievement.

It turns out our milkman is called Tom. I'm sure it was Steve last time we had a card from him. He could be an alien for all we know as he regularly delivers at 4.30 in the morning. (Husband tells me that he hears him; I am out for the count at that hour.)


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, you still have home milk delivery? It's gone the way of the dodo here in North America.

Liz Hinds said...

Not many of us left hanging on, Debra. I suspect they'll stop it soon but I do love my milk on the door.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

A milkman … the luxury! I'm more likely to be able to tether a goat on my balcony.
If I don't order the turkey next week we're going to be eating burgers for Christmas lunch, but I'm doing what I always do and leaving everything till the last minute ...