Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Fast food diet as recommended by God

The trouble with leading bible study is that I inevitably spend half the night before thinking of what I need to leave out and what I need to add in to my carefully prepared notes. Meaning by the time I take the study I am zombie-like at best. 

I finish off Moses tonight. An interesting thought occurred to me: if Moses had promised to lead the Israelites to a land flowing with fresh water and tasty sprouts would they have been so willing to follow him? They grumbled enough when expecting milk and honey. 

I suppose that's why God went for the high fat, high sugar offering. The day's fast food equivalent. Worked for them, works for us. I'll go an extra mile for chips or chocolate.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yup -- high fat, high sugar content -- God's no idiot. I like your take on things.

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, Debra, he knows what we are like!