Thursday, November 29, 2018

Like Christmas every day

'I'd better get on with my Christmas shopping,' Husband said.
'Well, that's not going to take you long,' I said. He only buys for me.
'Do you know how long it takes to find gifts of the ilk of the flashing toilet flush lights I got you last year?'

I had to concede. Gifts so sensitively chosen for the person you love don't just leap out at you; it takes stamina to search for those.

But I do love this time of year. With parcels arriving every day and me having no idea what I've ordered every post brings a surprise. It's like Christmas every day.

5 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

I have a packet of geeky pencils for my nerdy friends.
Each is inscribed along the shaft with a prime number.
But these primes are left-truncatable, so that when you sharpen the pencil, the next (smaller) number is also prime. How geeky is that! :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Wow! Impressive.

Ole Phat Stu said...

For all the digits after one another, all the way down the shaft :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Sheldon would approve.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

"Parcels arriving" means "lots of online shopping" Tut tut . Go out, shop and supoort your local shops Liz...! You can shop online but only if it is absolutely necessary :-) x