Thursday, November 08, 2018

'Just call me Mean Eyes'

On our walk this afternoon I noticed a cat across the road. I could tell from George's body language that he had seen it too. There was a moment's impasse. Then the cat scampered away.
'Wow, George,' I said, 'you scared him away with just a look.'
George gave a debonair eyebrow raise. 'That's why they call me Mean Eyes.'
I looked at him. 'Nobody calls you Mean Eyes.'
For a moment he looked discombobulated then he said, 'The cats do!'

I couldn't bear to rain on his parade so I apologised for not knowing. He graciously accepted my apology and we continued the walk with a renewed vigour in George's stride.

We all have to make believe.

And here for your delectation, the debonair George and Mr Clooney.



2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

The likeness is uncanny.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

George Clooney certainly won the Good Looks Lottery.