Tuesday, November 20, 2018

the love that dare not speak its name

A few odds and ends before I start to work properly today. 

I got into bed beside Husband last night and said, 'I love you.'
'I know,' he said.
'I was talking to the bed.'

Is it unnatural to love your bed? Especially that moment when you first get in after a long day and snuggle down with your book? Mmm, bliss. I also have a special love for my favourite bra and that's not odd at all.

You'll be pleased to hear - if you've been following the saga and wondered what had happened - my nose smell problem seems to have almost disappeared. 

Every night almost since it began I've been applying a blob of Vick's Vapour Rub to the base of my neck not to clear my chest but to give me something different to smell and stop me having panic attacks in the middle of the night. (Did I mention that it was really stressing me out?) Well, last night I was about to put some on when I realised that I didn't need it: the smell that has been persisting in my nose for the last couple of months wasn't there. 

Every now and again I get a little sniff of it but that may be paranoia. Whether the rub actually helped to clear whatever was causing the problem or whether it had a placebo effect I don't know or care. I am just happy not to have the permanent pong in my nose and to be able to smell everything else more effectively.


In other news, yesterday I finalised the paperback edition of The Dog-walking Club and I'm delighted to say that it is now available on Amazon alongside the kindle version. I am planning to have a live book launch on FaceBook!

I began investigating the technical side yesterday and discovered my major concern was how to position the camera so my double chin didn't show. That aside I intend to spend today preparing and practising my 'talk' so I come across like a seasoned professional. No, don't laugh, I can do this.


8 comments:

Polly said...

You can do it Liz, we your readers have every faith in you. Congratulations on the book. I laughed about your "I love you" comment, I love my bed too :-)

Liz Hinds said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thanks, Polly.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Your blog title today was Wilde on pederasty, no?

Anonymous said...

I have the flu. just got on here and saw the good news.
you can bet I'll be getting my Kindle copy.
going back to bed now. congratulations! xoxo

Liz Hinds said...

I had to check pederasty in the dictionary, Stu. Wilde denied it I believe.

Poor thing, Tammy. Get well soon. And thank you!

Ole Phat Stu said...

Don't you go implicitly accusing me of expatiated sesquipedalianism !

Liz Hinds said...

Oh blimey!

Jacqui said...

Great news on your book, Liz. The promotional blurb sounds good.
Glad your olfactory workings are now back to normal.