Monday, October 22, 2018

Remember the strange smell?

In my nose that is. 

I came to the conclusion the problem was in the study not my nose - the smell was always more pronounced there - and mounted a full-on autumn-clean hoping to find something mouldering away behind the computer. All I found was a cuddly toy. And several things I'd forgotten about.

It didn't solve the problem anyway.

I tried keeping a diary of when the smell occurred. The answer: any time, any where. Then after a couple of days when I thought it might be lessening it came back with a vengeance. So I trotted back to the doctor.

She had no idea but sent me for a load of blood tests - hence the half an armful of blood earlier post.

Today the results came back: all normal. Yay! Very happy as I had been getting worked up again - indeed by lunchtime before I phoned for the results I had become convinced that not only was it cancer but that it had spread to numerous parts and I was going to be dead by Friday, if I lasted that long. This of course in spite of having no other symptoms at all. 

But still none the wiser as to the reason for the smell.

6 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

At least the study's sparklingly clean and you're a cuddly toy to the good . Oh, and you'll still be here on Friday.

Liz Hinds said...

I hope so, Sonata, as we're taking GrandDaughter1 to the theatre to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you have a chance of lasting into the weekend, Liz. Having had a similar experience about 20 years ago, my problem turned out to be a loose crown on a tooth. Air had gotten under the crown and decay had commenced in the real part of my tooth. Having the decay removed and the crown re-installed fixed my issue. Of course, you may already have checked that out (or may not have any teeth with a crown); but, I thought it worth mentioning.
Cop Car

Liz Hinds said...

I do have a tooth with a crown, CC, but I think it's secure. Were you aware of it being loose?

Anonymous said...

Not at all. My dentist found it during a routine, annual checkup. CC

Liz Hinds said...

That's interesting, CC. But I had a check-up not long ago. I shall bear it in mind though.