Friday, June 22, 2018

A good year for blossom

I'm waiting for Elder Son and family to arrive. They're here for the weekend to help us celebrate our fortieth wedding anniversary on Sunday. But before that we're off out into the wild to celebrate GrandSon1's seventh birthday (early). Photos and stories to follow.

When I was young my mother planted a mock orange shrub in the garden. She said it would be ready for me to carry some on my wedding day. 

She died before I was married but I made sure my bouquet contained some of the orange blossom from our garden. Today the house I grew up in is being renovated and the garden is a tip. I suspect the orange blossom won't have survived, which is a shame as it's a very good year for all blossom. This tree is in our garden now.


And here we were almost forty years ago.




4 comments:

Suburbia said...

It really is a wonderful fragrance, your mother was wise.

Leslie: said...

Congratulations to you both on your fourtieth anniversary! Hope and pray for happy years ahead!😁

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Congratulations! Still going strong...

Anonymous said...

I only had my husband 17 years before the big C hit us like a tidal wave.
but I'd like to think we'd have had what you have. because we laughed!
I have always said that laughter is the magic glue.
Happy (belated!) Anniversary dear Liz! xo