Friday, May 25, 2018

Passing of an age

I'm taking my pram to a charity shop. Before I decided that Husband suggested I take a photo of it and put it on Freecycle.

I went to take the photo and then I stood and stared. Husband said, 'Don't go getting upset now. Just take a photo.'

But I am upset. The pram was wonderful and pushing it was part of a very special time in my life. I am very sad to see it go but the children don't want it because it's too big and impractical for their needs/cars.

I don't want it to go on Freecycle because I think someone might take it and then sell it. Ideally I'd like to vet the person who has it but I suppose that's not really practical so a charity shop is the next best thing. At least it will be sold in a good cause.

Daughter very happy in pram thirty-eight years ago.


2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Yes, I remember taking babies on long walks in one of these in the fond hopes of a few minutes silence ( Smitonius slept on average 4 hours out of every 24).

Liz Hinds said...

How did we ever cope, sonata? Perhaps that's why I need so much sleep now.