Tuesday, May 15, 2018

George can't make a decision

George and I set off for a leisurely stroll this morning. I wanted to rehearse leading the bible study so we were going to meander slowly over the tip, nice flat ground. George was limping slightly but I wasn't in a hurry so I hoped it would ease off as his joints limbered up.

We had gone about 100 yards when George sat down.
And wouldn't move.

I gave him the choice: we can carry on or we can go home and give you some pain-killers. He still wouldn't move.

I took his lead off so he could show me what he wanted. He still didn't move.

After a few minutes of talking to him, pointing out that what ever he wanted to do I'd do but he couldn't just sit in the path I made a decision. 'Okay, we'll go home. We'll give you some tablets and try again later if you feel better.' I started walking back.

Eventually he got up and followed me but then stopped again.
Another debate. I pointed out that if he hadn't been so flirty with those pretty little bitches yesterday he wouldn't be in the state he is today. (Mean I know but true.) He gave me a dirty look. 

We got home finally. I think his heart wanted to go for a walk but his poor old hips said no. It is so sad to see him like this. 

Does anyone remember when he was a very little puppy? First times out too scared to go beyond the garden gate. 



It didn't take him long to realise there is a great big exciting - and food-laden - world out there and he began to escape at every opportunity.

1 comment:

Jane said...

George seems like a sweetheart!
It's sad that he hurts.