Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Bread is my downfall

'I've put on two pounds this week!' I exclaimed to Husband after our Tuesday morning weigh-in. 'How can that be?!'

Especially as he'd lost weight after spending much of the week doing nothing except lying in the sun.

I've come to the conclusion it's the bread. And the ice cream but we won't think about that. The trouble is once I start eating bread I can't stop. It's never just one slice. And I love it thickly lathered with butter. 

Also I've been rather remiss and casual about eating in general. I keep forgetting that the Slimming World (or any other club) diet isn't a diet; it's a way of life. In other words it's about changing the way I eat and cook food.

Can you hear my big sigh?

Okay then, I will do better this week. I will.

I was so disbelieving that I could have put on two pounds in one week that I decided to weigh again when I got up. Just in case it had been a blip. Husband said, 'Don't forget you've just drunk a cup of tea.'
'How much difference can that make?' I asked.

.2 of a kg is how much. Seriously? Tea weighs that much?

1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Cup of tea weighs that much? Though, thinking about it, the gain is temporary while the slab of butter on a hunk of bread will linger rather longer. Does sound good, though.